Originally posted 4th December 2014
Yay! My first ever entry into my new blog and I’m totally excited, I don’t know where to start.
I should probably tell you straight off that my favourite thing to shop for is jewellery…both online and off. However the steep price of jewellery these days and the fact that most of us are tightening our belts due to the recession means that we have precious little to spend on beautiful, sparkly, shiny things.
I came across a site called Superjeweler.com while I was searching online for a diamond anniversary band approaching my 4th wedding anniversary 2 years ago.
The company is based in New York, USA but they offer free shipping around the world.
- The collection: They have so many different products (both fine jewellery and fashion pieces) on this site there is bound to be something for everyone. The rings also available in small sizes. I’m a size 4 which is their smallest.
- The prices: In my opinion they can’t be beat. If you’re looking for diamonds and other fine jewellery pieces then Superjeweler.com is definitely the place to come if you want them at a bargain price. Delivery is free and orders over $100 are delivered free by express post.
- The Website: Straightforward and easy to use. They offer a Live Chat service for customer enquiries. Payment options available include credit cards, PayPal and Amazon Payments. The site allows you to create an account to keep track of your orders.
- Security: After my first purchase by credit card I was asked to call the Superjeweler office in New York to verify my details. Despite the cost of an international phone call I found this requirement reassuring. The staff at Superjeweler were friendly and efficient. They did not keep me on the phone for longer than necessary.
- Moneyback Guarantee: All items are fully refundable or exchangeable within 60 days of purchase.
- It’s hard to tell just from pictures and descriptions what any item is going to look like once you receive it. It’s the risk you take when purchasing anything online. Fortunately Superjeweler has a moneyback guarantee.
- Coming all the way from the US to Australia it might be advisable to purchase additional insurance for your packages for $4.95, especially if your items are being sent by standard international mail in case your packages are accidentally lost in transit and need replacing.
My first purchase was a 10k Yellow Gold, 0.25ct Diamond Wedding Ring for USD $183.99 (AUD $184.91)…
- Diamond Qty: 9 x Round Brilliant
- Diamond Colour: J/K
- Diamond Clarity: I1
- Setting: Prong
Naturally the pictures provided by the retailer are enhanced but I must say I was very pleased with the end product. To the naked eye the diamonds are sparkly and clear though under a microscope I would imagine you’d find the usual inclusions that diamonds with I1 clarity would have. I’ve had the ring for over two years and the workmanship appears sturdy and I’ve had no problems with diamonds falling out. The ring sits beautifully next to my engagement ring. My photos really don’t do this piece justice. With expedited shipping from New York this item reached me in just over a week.
Overall I’m very pleased with this purchase and this shopping experience.
The price, quality and convenience will definitely have me shopping at Superjeweler again so if you’re looking for a special gift or looking to treat yourself on a budget why not check out their collection here.
- Lady V
*Prices are correct at the time of purchase and are subject to change without notice. Stock may not be available in all areas. Delivery availability may depend on your location. This is a true and accurate account of my experiences and does not guarantee the experience of others. I was not paid for this review. This post contains affiliate links.